Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

12
dayanara dayanara

Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

Greetings!

Here's just a couple of general questions- you can divert from these, of course:

  • What are some site errors that you came across browsing the site?
  • What are some things that Urbanity can do to improve your experience?
  • Lyn Lyn

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    I got 404 errors on the prize pages of Tipsy Bartender, Coat Check and Card Claim.  Also the roadsigns07 and prague10 are named incorrectly.  When I save them they come up as roadsigns07.png.gif and prague10.png.gif
    dayanara dayanara

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    Hey Lyn,

    Thank you for letting me know :) I fixed the games, so they're working now and as for the cards, I checked them and refreshed the  card folder, they should be okay now. On my computer, they show up as prague10.png and roadsigns07.png for now. If this issue still persists, I'll redo them.

    Please take the reward below as a thank you.

    Allison Allison

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    I think the password gate games might be coded wrong, regardless of the guess I enter, it accepts it and gives me rewards. At first I thought I just might be brilliant at guessing, then I realized there was no way, haha!
    Wing Wing

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    Things I came across:

    - On War Deluxe, I got this as the text log.
    "21 Blackjack: lounge07, quebec11Insert not possible!"
    The card images appeared fine, but I'm not sure what was meant to be on the end of quebec11. It's also meant to be War Deluxe!

    - Singapore's deck is spelled wrong on the card and in the deck list! It's currently spelled SIGnapore. The file name is fine though~

    - For Dueling Dance Rivals, I got this
    "Vote: hongkong09, applepie01, roadsigns01, random-"
    so I think the random coupon text is cut off from the text log, since it's appeared as random-coupon in every other game.

    - I also got "Insert not possible!" on Card Claim. My name and the cards I've claimed appear in the log when I clicked back (the cards themselves are also still on the page), but I was never sent to a rewards page or anything for the game.

    - The html for the members page is wonky for me? I can't see more than 11 members and the last one is oddly cut off, and the footer is strangely spaced out (where the tcg exchanges are).

    That's it for now, I think ^^
    dayanara dayanara

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    @Allison- Thank you for letting me know and I'm hoping to have that fixed sometime this week :)
    Reward:

    @Wing- All taken care of. Everything is fixed now, thank you for telling me :)
    Reward:

    Allison Allison

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    I'm also not sure if the Change Password page is saving my new password. I'm guessing no, since I don't receive the confirmation email and I have to use a "reset" password to enter each time I log in.
    dayanara dayanara

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    Password gated games are all fixed :) As for the change password issue, I'm speaking with Maron about it currently so that there's a solution sometime soon. Thank you for being patient while we find a solution
    xxing xxing

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    i'm a little confused by the deck description for quebec. it's listed under city, but it's a province. could you mean quebec city? either way, it's not the capital city either (ottawa is the capital city).
    dayanara dayanara

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    @xxing- Doh! Thank you for telling me. I have changed the description :)
    Reward:
    Lex Lex

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    On the Blackjack rewards page it's giving this after the prize text:

    21 Blackjack: ballet03, cinema10, random-couponInsert not possible!

    and the site footer doesn't show up after, the page just ends there.

    also whenever a special card (or maybe it's the choice coupon) is in a game's prizes, the text for that prize is missing a bunch of spaces:

    Missing Item:bus05, quebec15,sp_dusk02,choice-coupon
    dayanara dayanara

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    @Lex: Thanks! Fixed :)

    Reward:
    Samu Samu

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    Maybe you could consider adding some type of hint to the scramble game. Even a vague hint like: town, object, etc.

    I can never play that game because I cannot figure out what category the item can even be from LOL. Since the letters could really be anything imo.
    catherine catherine

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    A while back I sent in contact forms with some errors, I dont know if you got them or not. If yntou didnt, thats another error. Some of them were what has been posted on here since then but I honestly dont remember all of them.
    Also, I  filled out deck donation forms but they are not listed on your reserved list
    dayanara dayanara

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    @Samu: That's definitely something to think about! I didn't think I needed to because I know most member use anagram unscramblers to figure out the word. However, that's probably something I'll probably really consider :)
    Reward:

    @Catherine: Your original errors were Blackjack reward, Singapore deck and Card claim errors, all of which have been resolved :)
    Reward:
    Gerbear Gerbear

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    This post was updated on .
    Hi :) I noticed an error in the Eiffel Tower cards, at least in the Starter Pack. They're generated as "Eiffel TowerXX.png" instead of "eiffeltowerXX.png" which leads to the image not showing up.

    Also, in the Randomizer, in the regular randomizer section, there's an extra card name that shows up right at the beginning of the list that doesn't show up in the images (and also isn't separated from the next card with a comma).

    ETA: The "Secret Panel" on the front page says "Secert Panel" :x
    dayanara dayanara

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    Thank you, Gerbear! Everything has been fixed :)

    Please take the reward below as a thank you.

    Gerbear Gerbear

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    This post was updated on .
    Thank youuu. I found another couple of tiny typos tho ;w;

    On my profile and on the member area page, the link to Eiffel Tower in the Collecting spot is broken.

    Also, on the members page, under the Happy Birthday section, there's a stray quote and semicolon right before the randomized cards.

    ETA: On the Card Claim page, there's two empty spaces before the first card somehow?

    :)
    dayanara dayanara

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    Thank you for your help, Gerbear

    I'm not finding the error on the profile and member pages. I've checked on my end and they both seems to pull up the their corresponding collecting decks.

    Please take the reward below as a thank you.
    Gerbear Gerbear

    Re: Site Errors & Suggestions- 2016

    For the profile and member pages, it might only be for the Eiffel Tower deck? http://urbanity.autumn-almanac.us/profile.php?profil=Gerbear

    But thank you again :)